Below is information on road closures related to the U.S. Olympic Team Trials - Marathon on Saturday, February 29. This is subject to change, so check back for updates. Please click here to see MARTA rerouting for all buses on race day.
Downtown/Centennial Olympic Park Area from 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Marietta Street from Ivan Allen Jr Blvd to Peachtree Street
- Andrew Young International Blvd from Centennial Olympic Park Drive to Marietta Street
Peachtree Street from 7th Street to 14th Street from 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m,
- North & Southbound traffic beginning at 9:00 a.m. and will remain closed until 3:30 p.m.
Main race loop – Full road closures from 11:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Forsyth Street from Marietta Street to Peachtree Street
- Walton Street from Peachtree Street to Forsyth Street
- Peachtree Street from Forsyth to S. Rhodes Center/Peachtree Circle
- Ralph McGill Blvd. from Peachtree Street to Piedmont Road
- Piedmont Avenue to Baker-Highland Avenue
- Highland Avenue from Piedmont Avenue to Jackson Blvd.
- Jackson Blvd. from Highland Avenue to Edgewood Avenue
- Edgewood Avenue from Jackson Street to Marietta Street
Lower race loop – Full road closures from 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Piedmont Avenue to Capitol Avenue
- Capitol Avenue SE from Piedmont Road to Fulton Street and 1 block south of Fulton
- Martin Luther King Jr Drive SW to Centennial Olympic Park Drive
- Centennial Olympic Park Drive from Martin Luther King Jr Drive SW to Andrew Young Intl Blvd
Interstate exit ramp closures from 11:00 am – 3:30 pm
- I-85/75 northbound - 249B (Pine St/Peachtree Street)
- I-85/75 northbound - 248B (Edgewood Ave)
- I-20 westbound - 58A (Capitol Ave)
- No street parking permitted on the course route beginning at 8:00 a.m. on February 29. (No Parking signs/cones will be placed in these locations as a notification 48 hours (Thursday, February 27) prior to race day. Any vehicles on the course after 8:00 a.m. on February 29 will be towed.
- Atlanta Streetcar will not be in service from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Downtown area hotels and businesses – vehicles can exit the downtown area via Ellis Street to access Freedom Parkway and the I-85/75 north and south connectors. Vehicles can enter downtown from the north via I-85/75 southbound exit 249A (Courtland Ave/Freedom Parkway) and can enter from the south via northbound exit 248C (International Blvd/SR 101/Freedom Pkwy).
- Plan for significant traffic delays. Use MARTA if possible.